So ActiveMQ 5.9 is due out from the community any day now!
I just did a talk at the local Phoenix JUG about it, and did some live demos of some of the new features. I've posted by slides (below) and also a couple of videos I prepared before the talk.
Some of the new features include:
- New default message store (LevelDB)
- LevelDB replication
- New management console (HawtIO)
- New broker: plugin for camel-based destination interceptors
- MQTT over WebSockets
- AMQP hardening
- Broker restarts on losing lock
- New Abort slow consumer strategy